The Mission of the Oregon Society of Artists is to promote the visual arts in the diverse communities of our region, with educational and exhibition opportunities for artists at all levels of accomplishment.
OSA is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members, students, staff, volunteers, and visitors. This organization does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in any of its activities or operations.
- classes for every level of ability and every age, covering a wide range of media including: watercolor, acrylics, oils, “Procreate” for iPad, sketching, life drawing, sculpture, printmaking, color pencils, calligraphy, open studios and more
- classes are offered in-person or on Zoom
- single day workshops and multi-day weekend workshops presented two to four times per month. Workshop instructors are nationally known, and many come from across the country to offer new perspectives and opportunities to our local artists
- monthly art demonstrations
- quarterly seminars on subjects relating to art framing, matting, marketing, etc.
- an opportunity for artists of all levels to exhibit and sell their work in 12 juried or non-juried shows throughout the year. These are held simultaneously in the Gallery at OSA and on our virtual Gallery
- access to an extensive library of art related books, from history to “how-to”
Would you like to get involved? We have all sorts of volunteer opportunities. Please click HERE to let us know more about you and where your areas of interest lay. Thank you!
Click HERE for a virtual tour, courtesy of Elaine Pawski, OSA iPad art instructor. Note: this was produced in 2019, we have since remodeled and cleaned up the lower-level classroom space.
OSA was established in 1926. Read our history.
There is limited free onsite parking, with an ADA approved parking space and ramp to our lower-level classrooms.
People attending workshops are asked to park at the back of the lot. Double parking is allowed.
TriMet bus #51 and #63 both stop in front of OSA.
At OSA, we support diversity and creativity. Our staff and board are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to make OSA a place where all feel welcome.
2023 OSA Board of Directors:
Mary Beth Burpee
Kathy Monje, Bookkeeper
For more information, please email
2185 S.W. Park Place
Portland, Oregon 97205