The OSA Gallery is open to the public for free viewing
Monday - Saturday, 1 - 4 pm daily (excluding holidays)
Visitors are welcome! While you visit, inquire about classes, workshops, upcoming demos, and becoming a member.
2018 Gallery Exhibits
October 7 - 24
Student / Teacher Show
Non-juried show - Artistic Merit ribbons will be awarded by the OSA Board of Directors
---- Please note new dates and times below for Take-In and Reception ----
Instructor Volunteer Chair: Susan Kuznitsky
Take In: Wednesday, October 3, 10am - 3pm and Thursday, October 4, 10am - 1pm
This year, OSA students may bring in unlimited paintings finished in OSA classes and workshops during the 2017-18 year. $25 1-3 paintings, additional paintings, $5 each. Please identify at take in which OSA instructor/class your work falls under.
Reception: Friday, October 12, 6 - 8pm
Pick Up Art: Thursday, October 25, 1 - 4pm
October 26 - 29
High Mountains Flowing Water:
International Chinese Calligraphy and Ink Painting Society, North America Branch
Contemporary and traditional Asian scrolls of calligraphy and ink painting by 33 artists from 11 countries, curated by Casey Shannon, Director of North America Branch. International Chinese Calligraphic Art and Ink Painters Society (ICCPS) is made up of artists with different backgrounds and styles from all over the world tied together with the same love for Chinese ink painting and calligraphy. Spanning continents of high mountains, and crossing oceans of flowing water, the artists hope to share their art with the rest of the world.
Reception and Artist Demonstrations: Friday, October 26th, 6 - 10pm
Demonstrations begin at 7:30pm:
- Patricia Larkin Green - Big Brush Demo
- Gail Threinen - Peoney Painting
- Meredith McPherson - Enso/Calligraphy
- Patricia Ines Gomez - Eagle and Mountain
Chinese Music performed by Bi Hai from Wisdom Arts Academy, 6pm - 7:30pm
November 2 - 27
200 for under $200 Show and Sale
Juror: Liz Walker
Artwork Take In:
Tuesday, October 30, 10am - 4pm and Wednesday, October 31, 10am - 12pm
- Artists: To save time when bringing panels for this exhibit, please bring your completed Artist Release Form.
- Reminder: Panels must be prepared with D-rings and wire attached on the back 4" down from the top. See additional details in Prospectus.
Friday, November 2, 6 - 9pm
- Doors open at 6pm
- Paintings go on sale 6pm (purchased paintings can be taken at time of purchase)
- Raffle Tickets go on sale 6pm
- Awards Ceremony starts 6:50
- Raffle drawing immediately following. Ticket holder must be present to win.
- Silent Auction closes 8pm
- Raffle tickets @ $1 per ticket, 6/$5. There are many great raffle items, and there will be a silent auction for a select few items. Ticket holder must be present to win.
- Overflow Parking the night of the reception will be at the Town Club parking lot. The lot will be open 5:30- 8:00pm, please exit out the back of their parking lot.
Pick Up Art:
Wednesday, November 28 - Thursday, November 29, 1 - 4pm
Artists' Entry Fees:
OSA does not take commission fees for selling artists' work.
Download the required OSA Release Form to submit with your artwork
Non-juried shows: $25 for 1 to 3 paintings
Non-juried art shows accept all media: Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Photography, Pastel, Digital Media, Glass Fused, Encastic Painting
Spring ( March) and Fall (September) Juried shows: $25 for 1 painting, $30 for 2 paintings No photography accepted (Members Only)
Rose Festival (June) Juried show: No photography accepted in juried shows
OSA Members: $25 for the first entry, $10 for the second entry (Open to the Public)
Nonmembers: $35 for the first entry, $10 for the second entry
200 for Under $200 show: $35 for the first entry, $15 each for 2nd and 3rd entry. Photography accepted (Open to the Public)
Download the 2018 '200 for Under $200' PROSPECTUS (1-page PDF opens in new window)
Download the 2018 '200 for Under $200' ENTRY FORM (1-page PDF opens in new window)
Download a printable pdf with framing guidelines for juried and non-juried shows
PLEASE NOTE: Please take care that your entries meet all specifications. Entries not meeting these specifications will not be accepted.
Framing Guidelines for NON-JURIED SHOWS:
Framing Guidelines for JURIED SHOWS: